Wednesday, March 12, 2008

i suppose...

My 'thought of the day' yesterday:
The past few days have been filled with views of God's creation. On Sunday, I went down to the beach with a friend and was able to see the ocean. Breathing in the sea air, listening to the sound of the waves and feeling the sand between my toes is an experience that is calming and relaxing. There is no other place in the world where my heart feels at home like the ocean.
Yesterday, I spent some time up in the Tacoma area of Washington. I was taken to the Hood Canal (a resort there). We walked out to the end of the dock and were greeted with a breathtaking view of the Olympic mountains and the bay. The rain ceased and the sun shone bright over the landscape. It was amazing.
As I drove back to Portland late last night, I turned on some worship music and contemplated the past few days. I kept coming back to the verse in 1 Corinthians, "No eye has seen, no ear heard, no mind conceived what God has planned for those who love Him." Thinking about the sights I've seen the past few days, the excitement I've felt at the anticipation of things to come, I can only breathe deeply and stand in awe of a God who alone sees the big picture and knows the plans for my life.

No comments: