I decided to put my things in the car and see if I could figure out where the dog had come from. He came up to me, tail wagging, and didn't leave my side from that point on. I loaded my car, checked for dog tags (there were none) and walked down the street aways looking for his home. My neighbor said she'd seen the dog wandering around our street since Sunday.
After fruitless phone calls to get information on what to do with him, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I loaded him into the back of my Subaru (putting the pet gate to good use!), and got the address for Clackamas Co. dog services.
My heart went out to the dog. He was very good-natured and probably very confused. I figured that dog services might be able to find out if he had a chip in him to use for identification.
I arrived at the dog service center and they scanned him for a chip, which he had! I was so relieved he had a home. I drove off, 2 hours late for work, feeling very satisfied with my good deed for the day.
Moral of the story? Put electronic chips in dogs. Oh, and I'm a bleeding heart for lost pets.

No comments:
Post a Comment